Thursday, October 5

Daybreak

While on my way to the station this morning, I caught sight of the sun rising behind the trees. It looked a little more spectacular in person, but the picture captures some of the colour. No matter what time of day it is, I love looking at these trees. They line the edge of the park, providing some shelter from the busy road opposite. Most of the time, they remind me of France but in this light I think of Stonehenge.

Unfortunately, the red sky at dawn did not presage good weather. It chucked down rain all day. I was in the library and could hear it smashing against the skylights, leaving me little choice but to stay put and read my book.

[ 21 October: Matt has since told me that a red sky at dawn means bad weather: red sky at night, shepherd's delight; red sky at down, shepherd's warning . . . He is so smart. I think I'll get him to write my dissertation for me.]

No comments: