Tuesday, October 3

Commute Day 1

This picture illustrates three, possibly four, points about train travel in England.
First, passenger windows are invariably filthy as shown by smear. Second, the scenery changes really quickly. To the right of this rather unremarkable picture, you can see trees and greenery. This is the kind of thing I was hoping to capture, not the brick blandness of Tescos. Third, riding the train is really dull. Why else would I be taking pictures?

Despite spending most of Sunday and Monday asleep, I am still battling jetlag. I started feeling delirious in the late afternoon. If it's one day for every hour, I won't be back on track until the weekend.

Slight delay on my return journey. Someone was killed on the line shortly after 2.00. I didn't hear the news until I left the station but it was obvious that the staff were pretty stressed. Times being what they are, I was relieved that it was an accident rather than terrorism.

No comments: