Tuesday, October 31

Birthday

It's my birthday today, and Matt got me not one but two bouquets. It's been a good day but a little low on the trick or treaters. I saw one boy in a skull mask, but I'm not sure if that was meant to be a costume or a disguise. Animal activists are everywhere in Oxford. My niece dressed up for pre-school today; she's a princess. I'm hoping that it's not too cold for her to go out tonight.I worked on the dissertation this afternoon, but tonight Matt and I are going out for dinner to the Griffin. It's a traditional pub, dating back to the 1600s. The food is very good and it's within staggering distance of the flat. I got a lot of cards from family and friends, which was great. I'm relaxing now, enjoying a g&t with lime and watching Friends. Hopefully we'll go away at the weekend. It's been a long time since we've been anywhere. I'm pretty busy with work, so it probably won't be more than a day trip. The OC is on now. It's time to turn the tv off and get ready.
Birthday cake to end the day! And what Matt tells me is a very random entry.

No comments: