Monday, September 4

Canary Wharf

This weekend Matt and I went to London to see a play at Regent's Park open air theatre. It was a production of Shakespeare's The Taming of the Shrew. Despite the fine rain that fell throughout the performance, we had a good time. Later on that evening, we drove to Canary Wharf. It looks amazing at night. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures so I pinched this one from the web. On our way out, we had to pass through a security checkpoint, which was a new experience for both of us. Three security guards were on duty, one directing traffic, just us really; the other swabbing the car for traces of explosives; and finally the third noting down details from the safety of his booth. Since it's the a banking and business district, Canary Wharf is a likely target for terrorism. Obviously, London was on high alert Saturday night.

1 comment:

Paula Jane said...

I finally got a blog partly so I can comment on other people's blogs - that's sound reasoning, isn't it?

You can find me at http://paulajaneremlinger.blogspot.com/