Thursday, January 11

Grand Cafe

After stopping by college, I took a little break from the weather inside the lovely Grand Cafe. Grand refers not only to the surroundings but also the prices. In spite of this, the place was filled with students spending their grant money on early lunches or late coffees. I have to say my coffee was a distant second to the brew served up at Broadway Roastery. I brought a bag of espresso back with me, which I plan on eking out for as long as possible.

It was unusually cold and windy today. According to the morning paper, we've had warmer nights this month than we did in July. Hard to believe! That said, some of the trees are starting to bloom, and I noticed a few shoots peeking through the soil of the patio planter.

1 comment:

Paula Jane said...

Looks like such a great place - atmosphere abounds. I'm down with a cold at the moment - worst I've had in ages - but otherwise things are good. The writing class is very amusing - will dish soon.