Wednesday, August 23

Around Caversham

I'm staying with Matt in Caversham this week. Although my temporary room looks nice, it's quite stuffy. There are three big windows, but I'm only able to open one of them. Unfortunately, it only opens a crack.
Yesterday, I was up at 5.00 and on the train by 6.30 in order to get to Buckingham. The commute was in two stages, so I spent another hour on the coach. It was nearly 12 hours before I was back in Reading. Today, I did some work on my dissertation, but I started my day with a walk to the shops for milk, bread and the paper. On my way back I noticed the dental surgery, pictured. It's a bleak little building I've walked past a dozen times without noticing. Today, I took a closer look, noticing that it seemed to be abandoned. It was only when I got closer that I noticed that someone had made a cheeky comment on the quality of care. Poor dentists. No one seems to like them.

No comments: